Thursday, December 28, 2006

Christmas 06 come and gone

My 30th Christmas has come and gone. Kari and I spent Christmas Eve at my Auntie Ellie's in Abbotsford visiting my Mom's side of the family. Christmas day we were at my Nana's (Dad's mom) place with 30 or so people crammed into that little house rejoicing and celebrating with each other.

Here I am with my very own tree cut from the bush for our house. You may not be able to tell, but I'm a little upset because I have already taken a few feet off this tree in all dimensions but it is still a little too large for our living room. My wife thought it was such a gas she laughed hysterically at me for a good half hour. Needless to say, after repairing my bruised ego I decided to break down and purchase a tree from our local store.

Instead I acquired this beautiful Scotch (White) Pine tree. It is a little prickly but at least it was full and of the correct dimensions.

We enjoyed our own family Christmas here on the 23rd. There is something magical still about Christmas and I'm not sure what it is. Even after learning Santa was a fake, and that our traditions had some little to do with the reality of Christ's birth, I still have a great love for this time of the year. I think a greater part of that joy comes from the time with family. For some reason, as I grow older, I grow to appreciate those whom I have loved and have loved me throughout my life all the more. And this is just one of too few times in the year to reciprocate that love with others.
Here's Kari opening some gifts.








This is a crib that my mother's husband Dave made for us. He's an excep-tionally gifted furniture finisher. This crib was made from pine taken from the Northern BC on one of their many hunting trips. Some of it tainted blue because of the Pine Beetle. The blanket inside is the receiving blanket my Grandmother made for my mother to take me home from the hospital after I was born! What a great gift. I'm a sentimental person so I loved it!!
Well, still no sign of baby Larson yet. only about 3 days to go 'til due date. Soon this crib will be filled with a brand new life!
I want to thank you again for all who remembered Krista, Kari's sister, this past little while. With much testing and worrying going on it has been found out that Krista was alergic to all the drugs she was prescribed which were not helping at all. Recently she has been able to eat some solid food and should be on her way home shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment