Monday, October 16, 2006

Larson update!

Here's my beautifully pregnant wife Kari ... showing off our little one who is growing rapidly. Kari is feeling well in general. The worst effects of pregnancy currently are some back pain and occasionally getting kicked in the ribs and kidneys. My little kid knows where to throw the punches :).

Meanwhile, with Kari's job at Squeah winding up at the end of October, I've been fretting somewhat over getting a job. After chatting with God and putting out a couple of resumes I took a rather interesting approach to getting a job: I went to a poor Chinese restaurant in town and had a horrible cheeseburger for lunch. While attempting to digest this pathetic excuse for the North American food claim-to-fame, I was introduced to a Construction Contractor who, after a brief (maybe 1 minute) discussion, offered me a job starting 3 days later.

So now, I'm working construction. An answer to prayer, though I have to admit, I'm struggling to keep my proverbial head above water with speed and knowledge I am desperately trying to acquire for the job. I know for a fact it's not what I'd do for a living, but for now, it's bread on the table.

No comments:

Post a Comment