Friday, August 18, 2006

Harmattan



Camp Harmattan is a Nazarene camp in Alberta not 20 minutes from the town of Olds.

Here I had the pleasure and privilege of working alongside a spectacular summer staff crew and singing worship band as I lead them all for the youth 12 - 18 chapel services under the leadership of my good friend Pat.

8 chapel services in 5 days. Phew. A lot of singing and practicing and sharing stories and our lives with youth. The last chapel we played on Friday night in front of 1200 adults or so in the main Family camp auditorium. There we worshipped God as He truly is with our 200 youth jumping and singing songs with us on stage. And for a few brief moments as I lay basking in God's glorious pleasure I felt I had found myself doing and being what I was always meant to do and be and I wanted to be no where else. I have felt that few times in my life. But there for that moment for some reason I had fulfilled in my heart a purpose for which my King had purposed for me.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous2:38 p.m.

    I know the feeling of being where you are supposed to be! I too felt as though you were where you were supposed to be for that moment. As for this moment...you are where you are supposed to be! This, of course, is my humble opinion. Pat

    ReplyDelete