Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Love

Recently I spent the weekend at Camp Homewood during their annual Valenteen Camp. There, nearly 100 teenagers came to relax, play, eat and listen a little to the truth of Jesus Christ and His idea of love.


It was here 15 years ago, that I would get in touch with a camp that would become the alma ata from wence my love of camp-work & ministry would flow. This time I had the privilege of sharing with the teens a little of what I've learned of God's love and desires that they too might know Him for who He truly is.

But love is such a difficult subject to discuss. It is used, in a word, to describe the entirety of God's character. '... God is love. ...' 1 John 4:16. And so I attempted to dive into this all-encompassing truth with them. That there is more to love than feelings and hormones. That it goes deeper than wants and desires. That God's character is for us to emulate and put on like a full set of clothing. The entirety of the life of Jesus was summed up in the phrase, He loved us. I feel I have only been given the tip of the mountain that is the tip of the iceberg and yet I am letting that bit of ice melt in my mouth as I consider the limitless grandeur that is God's unfailing love.


No comments:

Post a Comment