Wednesday, August 27, 2008

The end of a Summer and the rewards therein

I have just completed another summer of camping ministry. An excellent summer from all respects. I have thoroughly enjoyed the staff team I worked with and am already excited and anticipating the upcoming year with thoughts of positive changes to our program and curriculum which will hopefully enhance our mandate: to create an environment in which God might work in the hearts of others.

I am exhausted though. It's a long process of preparation through the Spring that helps make a summer an excellent one. And bringing on a staff team and working with them to help them develop their own character as they serve children in a camp setting takes an extraordinary amount of energy. But I believe it is more than worth it.

As I was finishing my work this summer I was considering how absolutely enjoyable I consider my work and I wondered to myself this question: I wonder how many people find that thing which they enjoy most in life as an occupation - I mean, truly find it ... and DO it! You know, their dream job. What's the perentage? I'm not entirely certain, but at least for now, I feel I have found that which I love to do. It isn't a cooshy job but it is a most rewarding job. I find it utilizes a variety of skills that I have and puts me in contact with some excellent people. Plus I feel I am privileged to be making a difference in the lives of children. That, to me, is one of the greatest rewards of what I do.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:48 p.m.

    You made a difference in my life, when I was a child. A great one that I will forever be grateful for. Thank you for being obedient, and following Gods plan for you. I have chose to leave this anonymous, but know that I will see you again someday (here, there or in the air :D) Thank you again, for letting God use you, and for utilizing the talents he has blessed you with. May He continue to bless you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you :). I am certainly blessed to have known God saw fit to work good in your life with his servant.

    ReplyDelete