Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Cars

Last night my friends and my wife and I are driving home on the highway when we come upon 5 young women stranded just outside of Hope in what is obviously not a working vehicle. For no apparent reason their car had quit working for them. Not only that, the reason they were driving into Hope was one of them had broken her ankle (and it didn't look good). My friend Pat decided to pull off and help them so some of us got into his car and drove to the hospital. On the way there I was dropped off at my home to get MY car to return and retrieve the remainder persons stranded on the highway (including my friend Pat). After a short 30 second drive down my street, my car, which I lovinly call Howie, up and dies on me. For no apparent reason the engine just quit on me. Now I'm stranded and am pushing my car up the street at 11:00pm with my hazards on and that little 'beep ... beep ... beep' going off because I have to have the keys in the ignition and the door open to steer it as I push this 1/2 ton vehicle up the incline home.

Funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment