Tuesday, March 28, 2006

An update from the Larsons


Because of our current situation and the number of people that have requested information, I have thought it good to give an update on our circumstances of late.

As many of you know, Kari (my wife) and I have recently come to Hope BC to work at Kawkawa Camp & Retreat. I filled the Executive Director position June 1st 2005. Recently we had a geo-technical report done on our camp site and it was determined that the probability of a destructive and dangerous geological event occuring was too high for the purposes for which we operate our camp: children's camp. With this and a number of other factors, we felt it the only wise course of action was to close our current site down.

What does this mean for Kawkawa? Our board sincerely desires to move locations to another spot in the lower mainland to continue camping ministry. When, how, where and the who of all of that is 'up in the air' as they say. We simply don't know what will happen or how it will happen.

What does this mean for the Larsons? I have recently decided to continue on with Kawkawa until July of 2006. We will not have summer camp but I am continuing to operate the office from my home to keep people up to date on the 'goings-on' of Kawkawa. My wife, since I've laid her off :), has found work at Camp Squeah full time! And I am filling my time with other things here and there. We thank God for all these circumstances because they are giving us opportunities to learn and grow and to understand His character that we would otherwise not have known. Perhaps I will post some of those experiences soon.

If you'd like to encourage us or know more, feel free to e-mail me at director@kawkawa.com. Also check out the Kawkawa website in my links to the right.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Tim! I've added your blog to my list of "friends of kawkawa" on the Kawkawa blog!

    I'm glad to hear that God is continuing to provide for you and Kari! Thank you for all the work you are doing still for Kawkawa.

    ReplyDelete